Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 186: Gifu

It's been two weeks since school started up again for fall semester. While it's nice to get out of the house and be a little productive, it makes me sad that I have to relegate my days of rolling-around-in-bed-doing-nothing to the weekends.

Shortly after I came back from Korea, my host family took me on a two-day trip to Gifu.

 
There are these soumen restaurants where the noodles float down these chutes and you catch with your chopsticks. I believe that in Kyoto they have these long bamboo chutes where you catch the noodles from.



 Some time ago in Himeji, we went to a soumen restaurant where you got your own water-jetting plastic chute thingy. 


There was also this place where you can fish from a pond, and for the fish you catch, you gut it and grill it yourself. 

 
The fish I caught!


 
My host dad grilled it.


 
My host brother eating the fruits of my labor.


 
There's also a shop that's famous for making fake food, like the ones you see on display outside of restaurants.

 
They also have a small workshop where you can make your own fake food.

 
And make it into a cellphone strap.


Part 2 coming in next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment