Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bad omens?

I was driving to the Borders in Milpitas to take advantage of the massive sale they were having since they were closing down when on the highway, I saw roadkill. Not a big thing. Actually, I see roadkill almost every time I drive on the highway so it doesn't bother me that much. It's just this time there was two of them, one after the other, and I feel like they were relatively fresh with their gross bloody guts out and everything. Poor things. What if they were just an innocent couple that wanted to take a walk along a busy highway? I guess the universe couldn't even give them that.

It also made me think back to all the superstitious things my mom talks about all the time. Just FYI, this is a woman who went back into the temple to pray for me because I couldn't see the Buddha popping out from those trippy optical illusion pictures (and you have to stare at them for a while for the sorta 3D image to pop out at you) and thought a demon was possessing me. After seeing the consecutive roadkills, I started to wonder if the luck I've been having recently was now going to turn around.

Well. The GMAT test prep books that I came to the Milpitas Borders for were all sold out, so that was a bummer. And the only copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies that I've been wanting to read that I could find was in Spanish. Don't think my hardships are trivial! I was totally frustrated at the time.


Conversation with my dad of the week:

My dad walks in on me playing Just Dance 2 for the Wii.

Dad: "You know, every time I see you dance, it makes me laugh."
Me: "I'm exercising! Are you saying you don't want me to exercise??"
Dad: "No. I want you to get round and round so you'll roll."

No comments:

Post a Comment