Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 4

Right across from my room is the balcony. Yeah. I'm pretty sure my room's the attic.

Looking back at my previous post, I realize that the photo made my room look incredibly tiny. I mean, it's small, but it's not as bad as it looks. What the photo didn't show are the corners of the room, which make the room a lot bigger.




Just a tidbit about my host siblings. I have two, one is a 16 year-old girl and the other is a 11 year-old boy. The boy has a surprising amount of energy. I was lying in bed this morning and could hear him stomping around the house singing at the top of his lungs. When I ran into him in the bathroom (to brush my teeth), his demeanor immediately switched to a polite one and he gave me a quick bow and a small "Ohayou." And then I stood outside the bathroom, listening to him gurgle for 2 minutes. He started singing and saying random phrases loudly again while I was eating breakfast and my host parents would just look at each other and mutter, "Damn, he's loud."

Host mom: "A-chan, quiet down!"
Him: "Okay! (Five minutes later) YOSH! (starts singing the Japanese version of Do-re-mi)

I'm not a huge fan of kids but this boy cracks me up.

In other news, Orientation week starts tomorrow and I'm taking the language placement test the first day. I'm so effing screwed. I'm always joking about how shoddy my Japanese is but I stopped laughing when I looked at my Orientation packet. I meant to study during the flight but I ended up watching movies for the first 9 hours and then sleeping for the next 2. So stupid, Mog. So so stupid.

Looking through my orientation packet, they're giving us reading, listening, writing, kanji tests, the works. I think what terrifies me the most is the interview. I'm so screwed. My only hope is that they don't place me in the level 1 class (beginner's class) and that I at least get into the level 2 class. If I do get placed in the level 1 class, then I guess that's just the true testament of my Japanese abilities and confirms that I have just wasted hundreds of dollars of my parents' money. Sorry Mom and Dad.

And if I get placed in level 3, then there is a God.

I shall now resume studying my Kanji.

*cries*

3 comments:

  1. LOL that kid is hella funny! haha..and gluck on ur test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gambatte!! (i think thats how you spell it!!) dude, i know u'll do fine on your interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see mickey! haha..im assuming it's not urs. im liking ur host family. disney! :)

    ReplyDelete