Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 6

I wasn't able to take any pictures en route to school since I was running a bit late. Not a great morning, which involved missing my bus stop and making a 20 minute mountain climb in 10 minutes. But fortunately, the way back was a lot more chill.


The ever so famous vending machines of Japan. These are the closest ones to my house, I think.
Speaking of which:


The houses around mine are actually really pretty. Or at least have a very nice traditional oriental look.

Today after orientation, our Nihongo partners took us to file for our Alien Registration cards and health insurance. It was during this that I realize how extremely kind my partners are. They went with me to the bank to exchange some of my traveler checks, and waited with me at the city hall for the registration and insurance dealio. Neither of them peeped a complaint and were very good-hearted throughout the entire process, talking and laughing with me. Makes me want to treat them to a big expensive dinner with my scholarship money.

Also, can't tell you how relieved I am to have some usable money in my pocket. I don't feel completely helpless now. Just pretty helpless.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention. My parents, or at least my dad, have found my blog. Ergo, let's keep the content here PG, or at least PG-13, yeah? No dirty innuendo, okay Mel? :P

4 comments:

  1. Is that a gas/propane tank outside your host house???

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, that would be my fault. I let slip about your photo blog and dad wanted to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, gotta keep it PG now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @chris: yeah, I think it's a gas tank. Let's not jinx anything, yes? :D

    ReplyDelete