Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 67

  
I like that they have small sizes here. I hear that the U.S. has it too but it's just not on the menu? 
Anyways, I find that this size is perfect for me as I'm not a big coffee drinker.
Always makes me pee after 15-20 minutes.


The last couple of days, I've been feeling fairly irritable and easily agitated. I'm thinking it's culture shock, maybe? From the cross-cultural class I took before going abroad, that's the conclusion I've come to. Anyways, whatever it was, it was affecting my appetite. Always around lunchtime, I never felt like eating and when I tried, the food would taste bland. 

Then on yesterday, I decided to go to the training center at school for a run on the treadmill. Honestly, it was like I pressed the reset button on my body. The moment I started running, I instantly felt relaxed and relieved. It was like I could breathe again. Back in the U.S., at the school gym, I ran almost daily so finding that I could keep this routine here in Japan as well felt so good. Sinking back into this routine felt like pulling on your most comfortable pair of sweat pants after a long hard day. 

Afterward, my mood instantly lifted and my appetite came back like everything was normal again. So now, I'm restarting my routine, running three times a week. Last year, I ran 4-5 times a week but this is the most my schedule is allowing me right now. So with my daily death route in the morning combined with three times a week running, I should be getting a good dose of exercise. 

I feel very proud of myself at the moment.

Oh, and most importantly, I found a pair of running shoes for 2,000 yen ($22)!! They're cheaper than the shoes I bought back home. \O.O/

Anyways, I went to the Osaka Aquarium today. It was amazing and an awesome fun time. Will post pictures when I get my hands on them from my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment