Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 89: Tsuyu

Sorry for the lack of updates. This week has been kinda crazy so I didn't have much time to do any blogging.

Anyways, last week (or it might have been the week before...) the rainy season, or tsuyu, started. It is a delightful combination of heat, rain, and humidity that lasts a duration of roughly 4 weeks.

 
See? ...It's wet.

The woes of living on the top floor (read: attic) is starting to take effect. Almost every day when I come home from school, I climb up the stairs to my room to find that it has transformed into an oven. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but 86 degrees is pretty uncomfortably warm. 

Crap, I just realized what the heat could be doing to my makeup. Oh nooesss! You're suppose to keep your makeup in a cool area, right?? NO such environment exists in any area of my room. Boo.

Anyhow, the rain has lighten up as of late and it's mostly heat and humidity. I'm sure the rain will come crashing down again (like it did 2 days ago) and I'll try to remember to take a picture to show you all.

Oh, and I would like to mention, as though you couldn't figure it out yourselves, the climb up to school has becoming increasingly more painful. Yes, while my school campus is in the mountains and you would think that the air is thinner, the campus is not high enough and the humidity is so great that that kind of logic seems not to apply. So with so much moisture in the air, the heat, and the incline...it just makes you want to die. 


Whoever invented the air conditioner should have a country named after them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment