Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 45: Tottori Part II

The house is empty right now and I have no idea where everyone is. I texted my host mom but no response. How strange. :\

(Edit: Nevermind, I just heard my host brother climbing up the steps.)

Anyhoo, continuing from last post.

After the horseback riding, we arrived at Tottori. I think. There's a river that runs around the town so we rode one of these tour boats.

  

It was very relaxing and especially nice as the weather was clear and sunny.

The hotel we stayed at was...interesting. It was a cylinder structure and all the rooms were placed on the structure's circumference. And the rooms were filled with huge mirrors. Or the one that my host sister and I were staying in was. And it was strange. There was a huge mirror over one of the beds that thoroughly freaked out my host sister so we took the sheet that was covering the couch and draped it over the mirror. 

  

And taking off said sheet revealed this stain on the couch. 


  
Host sister: "That's not...blood, right?"
Me: "No, it's not blood. ...Probably."
Host sister: "EEEEEeeehhhh???"
Me: "I'm joking! I'm joking, it's coffee! Coffee!"

We went to an onsen again that night and there was an interesting difference in quality. The hotel we stayed in Shirahama actually had its own onsen, and it was bigger and felt cleaner. Not to say that this one wasn't clean, but it's like how there's an obvious difference between, let's say, a $30/night motel and $250/night hotel. 
Anyways, next post I'll cover the next day, and the last part of the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment