Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 62: Takoyaki Party

Yesterday, I went to E's host mom's friend's house where they were holding a takoyaki party. It was pretty interesting because they taught us how to make it from scratch.

  
Hard at work.

It's pretty simple to make but I think the most important thing you need is the takoyaki grill, otherwise you won't be able to get the ball shape.  



While we were eating, we talked about a lot of things, one of which concerned our different generation perspectives. I think I may have made myself stand out more than I wanted to by saying that I had a guy friend that I would be perfectly comfortable living with, with whom I had no romantic feelings for and any chance of that changing was extremely slim (this may have surprised the older ladies the most since one of them asked me twice if I thought if there was a possibility in the future that I would want to marry him -_-). And then again, I mentioned that I couldn't see myself marrying and having a family in the foreseeable future. I might as well have written "strange and indecent" across my forehead. 

Okay, that's an exaggeration as the ladies were still very kind and understanding. Still need to fix my brain-to-mouth filter.

Afterward, my friends and I headed up to a mountain party where a bunch of ryuugakuseis and Japanese students were gathering. There were 40+ people and the view was amazing. Shall divulge more in next post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment