Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 54: Kobe Matsuri

On Sunday, I went to Kobe for what I'm assuming was their annual summer festival.



   
At the entrance of the train station there were people dressed in feathers and dancing to...I dunno, Spanish music maybe? I had and still don't have any idea what they were doing.



   

There was a parade going down the main street but it was sooo crowded. It was a pretty warm day as well so we ended up making our way to Kobe port. 

 
    
The ocean breeze felt amazing especially after walking around so much in the heat.


There's also something else I've noticed the past couple of days. Just outside of Juso station, there have been street performers popping up. 


   

Although I'm pretty sure they've always been there and I just haven't been around the station late at night enough to see them.


In other news, the weather is beginning to shift. It's starting to rain every other day and the temperature is rising. I guess this marks the beginning of the sticky and hot weather and...I wanna say summer? Has summer started or is it in June? Huh, well either way it doesn't change the fact that this weather will turn me into a sweaty, make-up melting off my face, mess. 

Did you like the imagery I just provided? :D

2 comments: