Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Foil Surprise!

In my quest to lead a more healthy lifestyle (read: get a hot bod), I've been following the email newsletter of Hungry Girl and I bought a few of her cookbooks. I don't follow her recipes word for word since some of them are a bit high in sodium, so I just adjust them accordingly. I have to admit, it annoys me when people think that food can't be delicious and healthy at the same time. I then brandish my Hungry Girl cookbooks proudly and shove it into their faces.

I cooked dinner tonight using one of her recipes.

 
Hmmm, mysterious foil packets...

 
Gasp! It's SALMON!
 
 
A lot of her recipes have cute names, this one being "Crazy Pineapple Salmon Teriyaki." This may not be one of them. 


I also added some Italian seasoning. In addition to the high sodium levels, the one other small complaint I would have to make is that some of her recipes can be a little lacking in flavor. I like my food to be rich in flavor and am a lover of spices so I always add a little something something whenever I'm using one of her recipes. 

In other news, we finally switched our internet and now it's wheeeeeeeee super fast! So fan-freaking-tastic. Am now watching all these youtube videos and streaming videos to take advantage of all this high-speed gloriousness. It's nice not having to wait 15 minutes for a 3 minute video clip to load.


No comments:

Post a Comment