Saturday, June 4, 2011

It's a Korean Fiesta!

(See what I did there with the title? Heehee.)

My parents have been watching this food-related Korean drama and it's affecting what we've been having for dinner as of late. A few nights ago, my dad called out from their bedroom (my room is right next to theirs),

"Do you know bibimbap?"
"Yeah."
"Do you know how to cook it?"
"I can make it."
"I want to eat it."
"..."

So last night, I made bibimbap for my mother and passive-aggressive father. It's a very straightforward and simple recipe, and to be honest, involves very little cooking. Don't take my word for this, but I don't think there's a real strict recipe for it. Just take whatever meat and veggies you find in the fridge, throw it into a bowl with some red pepper paste, sesame oil, and rice, and then mix it all together.

And yes that is a huge metal mixing bowl. Was really hard to mix it around thoroughly and have the contents stay inside the bowl. Glad to have my handy and super eager vacuum cleaner on stand-by (read: my dog). 


I really enjoy simple recipes like these. Sure, the fancy ones are fun to try out and experiment with, but sometimes, when time isn't a luxury, it's nice to be able to just throw something together and for it to turn out just as flavorful and delicious. 

In other news, I went to watch X-Men: First Class today and it was surprisingly good. There were some cheesy parts, and it definitely had its flaws, but it was still a very entertaining movie with a very solid cast. Definitely makes up for the abominable fail that was X-3 and Wolverine (Origins). *Shudders*

There were also some cameos that I was really (but delightfully) surprised by. I'm usually very up-to-date when it comes to movies (am a semi-movie nerd) but I definitely didn't see some of this stuff coming. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm usually not a stickler for spoilers unless it's for movies that I plan to watch in the theater. It makes for a more rewarding movie-going experience. Like this one was. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment