Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 15: Hosts in Namba

I went to Namba today with some friends. Some quick info: Namba is a famous entertainment district in Osaka. Popular for shopping, bars, karaoke, restaurants, etc.

Anyways, while we were there, I spotted a buttload of hosts!

They're extremely easy to spot. They usually have dyed styled hair and wear a lot of designer brand clothes and accessories. Our fellow host to the left was sporting a Hermes belt and carrying a Louis Vuitton briefcase/bag/thing.

There's this bridge where groups of hosts hang around trying to pick up girls. And I actually spotted one in action. 

I later saw this same guy walking down the street in the direction opposite us when he suddenly swerved around and started to walk alongside this girl and tried to talk to her. I think it's safe to assume that he spotted her as a potential customer. 

I'm going to Namba again this weekend so I'm going to try to take more pictures of hosts because some of them look pretty hilarious/ridiculous.

3 comments: