Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 27

    
It's crazy how the blossom trees went from the left picture to the right within a week.

This also marks the debut of my camera phone pictures. I don't remember the details of the left picture but the right picture was taken with my phone's lowest quality setting, which looks closer to the highest quality setting of my American phone. Although one complaint I have about this phone is that the microSD card slot is placed in the back with the battery, similar to my old LG phone. So in order to take in/out the microSD card, I have to turn off my phone and take out the battery first. It's already annoying.

A couple of days ago, I was having a conversation with my parents on Skype concerning my scholarship. I was the only one in this semester's exchange program to receive it so they wanted to know some details.

Me: It was probably what I wrote in my personal statement.
Dad: What did you write?
Me: About you, our family's financial situation - I think I made myself sound like a tragic sap case and may have inadvertently implied that if you guys had to support me while abroad, my family wouldn't have enough money to send my siblings to school.
(Mom and Dad start laughing)
Dad: So you got the scholarship because of me?
Me: (starts to become apprehensive)...in a way, I guess.
Dad: ...Gimme my half--
Me: No.

1 comment: