Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 19

Yikes, it was raining pretty badly today. Made me wish I brought my rainboots (even though it was a good decision not to, practically).

I think it was about a month ago when I found out that the sushi rolls that sushi restaurants in the U.S. are totally fusion food. With your Rainbow rolls, Dragon rolls, and Teriyaki Buttcrack rolls, the sushi served in Japan is nothing like that. And I made up the buttcrack roll, if you couldn't tell. Nearly all the sushi served are nigiri or the simple maki rolls. It's that or you order sashimi if really what you want is the raw seafood.

I believe it was when we got back from Shirahama that we went to a sushi boat restaurant.Well, not really sushi boat but the sushi is passed around on a conveyor belt, which I think is the same concept.

 
Oh, and I want to mention how ridiculously CHEAP it was! It was 109 yen per dish, which is about $1.15 USD. I ate about 10 dishes, which would amount the same as one roll in the U.S. And I can state for a fact that one roll of sushi does NOT fill me up.

1 comment: